How do I file a divorce complaint?

by | Aug 21, 2020 | Firm News, Florida Family Law

How do I answer a divorce complaint? I just got served. Now the other party is asking for an emergency stay. Should I file one too? My husband wants an annulment.

Depending on the specific facts and circumstances of your case, either an annulment or a dissolution of marriage may be filed. An attorney can inform you of the procedures and requirements of each. However, you should ensure that you timely respond to the complaint because there may be a certain number of days you are given to answer the specific complaint. You should consult an experienced Florida family law attorney like Mark E. Sawicki, P.A. today for a free consultation.