Parental Communication Rights

by | Jul 7, 2020 | Firm News, Florida Family Law

Our parenting plan says that both parents can call our minor child anytime, and especially before bedtime. My daughter’s father refuses to let me talk to my daughter when he has her, but I always allow her to talk to him. I want to speak to my daughter before bedtime. What should I do? Should I file something?

Parenting plans in Florida are required to include a provision regarding parental communication rights. However, if there is an issue regarding how the parenting plan contact requirements are implemented, such as overbearing calls or inadequate contact, you may want to consider filing a Motion to Enforce the Parenting Plan or a Motion for Contempt. For a better understanding of these options, you should contact Mark E. Sawicki, P.A. for a free consultation regarding your rights under your unique parenting plan.