Travel, Parenting Plan

by | Feb 24, 2020 | Firm News, Florida Family Law

I told my child’s mother I was planning a cruise for an end of year gift to my child. I have done this for the past several years prior. The cruise is coming up in one week, and she just said she does not authorize me taking the child out of state for 1 week. I live in Florida and I have sole parental responsibility. Do I need the other parent authority to take my child on a cruise?

The parenting plan you should have in place should have a section that goes over travel with the child. If the parenting plan says you may travel without authorization, you may do so. If the parenting plan says you need authorization, and she is denying the authorization, you must then go to court to get a court order approving the travel. For a consultation contact Mark E. Sawicki.