Dissolution of Marriage

by | Dec 10, 2019 | Firm News, Florida Family Law

I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is an American citizen. We have one child together. We want to get a divorce and I want to move back to Canada with the child and continue to live in my own country. He doesn’t seem to want to fight me for everything so what can I do here to make it official and legal?

Your citizenship has no effect on whether you can file for a dissolution of marriage in Florida. What does matter is that you have been living in Florida for at least 6 months, which is required by Florida law. You can file for an uncontested dissolution of marriage. Contact a qualified, experienced family law attorney like Mark E. Sawicki, P.A. for more information on a Dissolution of Marriage petition.