Marital Settlement

by | Nov 20, 2019 | Firm News, Florida Family Law

We are not looking to get divorced now. However, we do want to have a valid and legal marital settlement agreement in place. Is this something I can have just notarized, or does it need to be filed with my court?

You would need what is called a Post Nuptial Agreement. It’s an agreement signed after marriage, without there being a Dissolution of Marriage pending. For a Florida postnuptial agreement to be valid, the agreement must be put in writing, signed by both of the parties, and contain terms and provisions that are in accord Florida statutes. To set up a Post Nuptial agreement contact attorney Mark E. Sawicki.