Harassment Lawsuit (In Laws)

by | Nov 20, 2019 | Firm News, Florida Family Law

My fiancé passed away in March. His parents are suing me for items I supposedly have in my home such tools and clothes. Things of that nature which I do not have. I have given them everything, they have been coming to my house for month to collect things and demand things harassing me threatening me. Now they are suing me for $15,000. I am a single parent. I now have anxiety, PTSD, and emotional distress. I am several medications. How can I stop this or sue them for harassment? I have lost everything since this all happened including my job, my car, and almost my home. Can I counter sue my ex fiancé’s parents for emotional stress?

You may file an injunction to stop them from being able to come to your home and harass you. Also, if they are threatening you and harassing you then a restraining order may be appropriate in these circumstances. Since they are suing you for money, they feel like they are owed, you can surely bring up all of this in the Court of law. You will need evidence to show all of this as well as the emotional stress. Emotional stress is harder to prove without concrete evidence. Speak with a professional lawyer like Mark E. Sawicki, P.A. to fully understand your options.