Does my ex husband have the right to demand to meet my new boyfriend if I have kids?

by | Oct 4, 2019 | Firm News, Florida Family Law

I am in a relationship and I have recently allowed my boyfriend to sleep over while my children are home. My ex-husband is now demanding to know his full name and meet him. Does my ex-husband have the right to this? What if I stop having my boyfriend sleep over when I have the children? Would he still have the right to this information if he is only around the children and I during the day?

Although your ex-husband’s concern is natural with young children involved, he does not have the right to the information. Unless your Final Judgment indicates otherwise, your ex-husband is not entitled to any information regarding your boyfriend. Contact a qualified, experienced family law attorney like Mark E. Sawicki, P.A. for more information.