Non-Interspousal Gifts and Property

by | Nov 4, 2020 | Property Division

My dad quit deed claimed a small condo to me in Florida. Can my wife get half of that condo if we divorce? I didn’t pay for it.

You should speak to an experienced Florida attorney. Generally, that could be considered a non-interspousal gift from the father, which would be listed as nonmarital property. If it is nonmarital property, her ability to get the condo in the event of a divorce would be minimal. The law office of Mark E. Sawicki, P.A. has years of experience in property distribution claims. Contact the law office of Mark E. Sawicki, P.A. today for a free case analysis.